The Rest of Boston Training...

June 17, 2016



As promised, here is a more in depth look at how I attempted to train for the Boston Marathon. I had my training plan printed and I was ready to follow each workout. However, the spring semester ended up being the toughest semester personally. I don't think I was even prepared to run a full marathon but it wasn't even a question to not push myself to do so!

literally the only picture I took of training ^^^

A monthly recap according to my Garmin (does not include runs I ran without tracking mileage)

January miles: 63.69


I began school motivated more than ever. I would wake up at 5am before class and get my run done. Then I would go to school and study literally all day long. After a few weeks of this I became too exhausted to keep it up. During the weekends I had 11 miles, 10, 7, 12, then 14

February miles: 30.32

My longest run in February was 10 miles. TEN. While most people have a solid base, I was fitting in runs when I could and would only go as long as my legs felt okay.

March miles: 71.79

I shoved every one of my long runs for the month of March. I don't recommend this lol. I had another 11 miles, 16, and then 20.

April miles: 32.62

During April I didn't run anything over 8. During the weeks I would run shorter runs. I ran three days a week + a weekend long run.

So, while I was able to finish the marathon my body is still feeling the effects. This seriously was the worst training cycle but even with saying that I can look back and say I did it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs