Hiking and Running and then Some in Colorado

June 13, 2016

At the beginning of May (which was also the end of finals week- perfect timing), I flew to Colorado to visit my sister and brother-in-law. They moved last year but I never had a chance to visit. It was my first time traveling alone and the thoughts of how scary it would be quickly went away as I navigated my way through security check points and airports without any troubles. I was so excited to be able to visit! I have never been to Colorado but heard a lot of good things about it. I must say- it was the most beautiful place.

While I wanted to just sleep through the week I had to experience the beauty of the place as well.

Running:
Of course I had to go running where my sister warned the altitude would make me feel out of shape. I was already out of running shape but it was definitely tough! The scenery distracted from the heavy breathing and slow pacing for what felt like eighteen miles when really it was only six. 


Hiking:

One morning my sister and I decided to hike Mt. Muscoco Trail. The only hiking I am used to is the kind where you walk around a flat mall and climb the occasional escalator. Basically, I don't hike. I love the idea of hiking and always want to go but there aren't many places near me that qualify as a real hike.

We packed energy bites, sandwiches, water, sports drinks and an extra layer in case of temperature changes.

Another hike I did with my brother-in-law was at the Manitou Incline Trail. That incline was intense! I took a million breaks (or maybe around ten) and had to catch my breath so many times. It was a challenge but the view from the top was worth it. At the top, you choose to go straight back down or run a three mile trail along the side of the mountain. Can you guess which one I chose? the run :) It was the coolest run!

And then some:

After an hour of hiking my sister mentioned we could feed giraffes at the zoo. To which my reaction was something along the lines of "FEED giraffes. Like actually feed??? We finished up our hike and headed to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo and I was running into the zoo like a five year old. The only giraffes I have seen at my own zoo are far away and you only look at them. I couldn't wait to get up close.

^^ happiest moment in my life 

Colorado was amazing and I had so much fun with my sister and brother-in-law! I'm so grateful for the opportunity to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs