Boston Marathon Training: Week 1 & 2

January 24, 2016




I once said I wouldn't train for a marathon while in school since my main focus right now is school. However, that's exactly what I am doing. I would never pass up the opportunity to run Boston. I remember that I don't have to run Boston, I get to and that is what keeps me motivated every single day. 

Because all of this takes sacrifice (I am sacrificing a lot of sleep ;) I have decided to lessen my load. Rather than run two marathons during this semester, I will only be running the Boston marathon. That said, here is a look at what my training has been like these past two weeks. I did start training/running longer weekend distances during November/December and that is why I am at a higher distance now for my weekend long runs. 

Week One:
Monday: 8.5 miles 
Tuesday: 4 miles
Wednesday: 2 miles
Thursday: Rest
Friday: 12 miles 
Saturday: Rest
Sunday: Weights
Weekly total- 26.5 miles running, 30 mins cross training

Week Two:
Monday: Biking 
Tuesday: 5.6 miles 
Wednesday: 4 miles
Thursday: Rest
Friday: Rest
Saturday: 14 miles 
Sunday: Rest
Weekly total- 23.6 miles running, 2 hour cross training 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs