2015 Goals in Review + 2016 Goals

December 31, 2015



Wow. 2015 was crazy (and super fast??) but I am so happy with where I am at now! Last year I was told I probably wouldn't make it into nursing school because of how competitive each application cycle is. I decided not to listen to people and completely trust God and I was accepted into my first choice school. I was also told after I qualified for Boston that the race I ran wouldn't get me in. But again kept praying about it and I was accepted to run. I stepped back from blogging a bit this past year as I focused on everything else that was going on and now it's the end of the year. I wanted to look back on what I wanted to accomplish this year vs what I actually accomplished AND name a few of my 2016 goals.

Goals for 2015:
  • Run at least three half marathons- 2/3 complete. 
I ran one half marathon in March which was my favorite race of the year. I have participated in the Alamo 13.1 for the past three years and I love it. It is such a fun race.


I ran another in June as a practice on the course of the marathon that I ran in August. 

  • Compete in more triathlons- ehhh didn't happen and not happening for awhile. I love triathlons and I hope to compete again soon but I have been focusing a lot on running lately. I was, however, able to swim again (which is always fun!) in the beginning of the year. Thanks to neighborhood pools + free week access to different gyms.
  • Run a 10 mile, 20 mile, or a 5k race- not sure if it counts but I did run a "fun run" 5k not for time.
  •  Get stronger- lift more weights, be faster- complete
My goals for 2016 would be:

1. Run a half marathon (thinking of changing February's 26.2 to 13.1)
2. Run the Boston Marathon in April
3. Find balance with work, school, and life!! 

4 comments:

  1. What a great year, Sara! Hope your 2016 is off to a terrific start and that Boston training is going well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yours as well! Training is going great and I am so excited for April it's no joke!!!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, Carmen! Boston was the best experience and I can't wait to recap it soon!!

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs