Marathon(s) Training Plan

October 30, 2015

Normally, I run one marathon a year. Marathons are tough and it takes me a few weeks to recover. I did not think I would run two marathons in one year.. let alone two marathons within 9 weeks of each other. I have 16 weeks before Austin and 25 weeks before Boston. My goal for the Austin Marathon is to have fun and enjoy a larger race (most of the ones I do are small). My goal for the Boston Marathon is to go after a PR which is below 3:29. I really want to get that 3:20 marathon. 


I won't be working with a coach this cycle due to strenuous school and working less. I will modify my training plan based on how much time I have to train that day and how I feel. Usually I try and do every single workout that is planned but I am not going to be that hard on myself this time. If I have two rest days in a row, so what?

  • Speed: The above training plan doesn't focus on speed as much as it does building endurance. I'll be running one speed workout a week and this is usually on Saturdays. 
  • Easy runs: taking the easy runs easy.
  • Sunday long runs: Sundays are long runs on the training plan but I will occasionally have to move it around as my schedule isn't always the same (I occasionally work 12 hour shifts on weekends). 
  • Cross training: Every Monday I’m going to do strength training. I also fit a shorter strength training workout in on Wednesdays or Thursdays. 
I am not even planning what I am going to do during those 9 weeks between marathons until I get there. I will also be updating the blog more since finally training again! I am thinking of starting weekly training posts back up to write everything I do during the week.

What would you like to see on the blog?
Weekly training posts- yay or nay?

2 comments:

  1. I would love to hear about what inspires you to run

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just saw this comment- great idea for a post! I'll get one started!

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs