Marathon training round 4... and 5

October 29, 2015


"The only thing you can control is whether or not you stop"


I submitted my application to the Boston Athletic Association 6 weeks ago. Without any word back (and seeing every runner post on Instagram their acceptance email), I gave up hope that I would be accepted. Even if you qualify for Boston, that doesn't guarantee you will be accepted/get in. 

I registered to run the Austin Marathon on February 14th, 2016. I have never run this race before and I figured if Boston said no I would need another 26.2 to keep my mind off of not being in Boston. For this training cycle, I found an 18 week training plan from Hal Higdon. I have never followed his training plans before but I like the schedule! There are more running days (5 out of 7 days running) while still having occasional cross training days. One thing I'm changing this cycle- more strength training! 



But then, Boston emailed and said they accepted my entry. After training and working hard to qualify for Boston for the past two years, it is so exciting to see that hard work pay off. From feeling the disappointment of being 90 seconds away from qualifying to now getting an email that I am accepted and will run the race in April ... the feeling is indescribable. I was literally shaking when I got the email! I AM GOING TO BOSTON!!


I am running a marathon on February 14th then another marathon on April 18th. Spring of 2016 can't come fast enough :)

4 comments:

I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs