TRAINING FOR A MARATHON

May 8, 2015



Next week starts week one of marathon training.


I originally planned to run the Chosen Marathon again in November. I would continue base training throughout the summer and start to train in August for a November marathon. However, I just started a new job where I work 12 hour shifts and I start nursing school at the end of August. I felt that it would be too tough to add in intense marathon training August- November with work and school. I talked with my coach and we have decided to begin marathon training now.

I have a half marathon at the end of June to see where my time is at (hopefully PR) and the marathon is on August 2nd.

My goal is a 3:20 marathon but I will take anything under 3:35 in order to qualify for Boston.


Marathon training round three. I am ready to run far!!

6 comments:

  1. Go, Sara! Best of luck with your training!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any tips for a first timer? I'm running the Chicago Marathon in October :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I wrote a ton of tips in another blog post here-- http://runsararun.blogspot.com/2014/01/how-to-train-for-your-first-marathon.html Hope that helps! Good luck training, you will love it!!

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs