Week Recap: March 8th- 15th

March 15, 2015

Training has been going along great! I haven't written much about it but my schedule is basically:

Monday: off
Tuesday: run + weights
Wednesday: track workout 
Thursday: cycle + weights
Friday: run 
Saturday: cycle + weights
Sunday: long run

I have been building mileage and I have been feeling strong. A few months ago I wondered how I would ever start running long again and now I am back in the double digits. 

I have been running at zone 2 where I keep my pace at 8:30 and heart rate at 155. My heart rate monitor connects to my Garmin so I have it vibrate to alert me once my heart rate reaches that number. Once my heart rate goes up I walk to bring it back down. Lately I have been running at 7:30- 7:50 paces while having my heart rate stay at 155. 

And, for the first time in five months, I have a race! This Sunday is Alamo 13.1 which is my favorite race of the year.


This past week was spring break and I spent the week with my sisters and mom doing all girly things. I'm posting more about it soon. It was a fun week!

Thursday evenings I go to Bible study. After a day of shopping, my sister, mom, and I grabbed dinner at Whole Foods and then I headed to church. I got to catch up with a friend who I haven't seen in awhile. 


One of the things I bought that I am super excited about is my new Lululemon outfit. It is the comfiest outfit I have ever run in. The top is very open and breathable. The shorts have slits all the way up the sides with a built in liner. It will be perfect for marathon training this summer. I'm already thinking ahead.


I ended the week with a 10 mile long run (outfit repeating the shorts). I'm looking forward to next week- race week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs