Week Recap: January 5th- January 20th

January 21, 2015

I have been doing much more running lately. Back in December, I was worried how long it would take me to get back to a regular training plan (I have an upcoming post about that) and now I finally am! My longest run is still at 8 miles but I am planning on getting a 10 miler in this weekend. 


Training for the Alamo 13.1 is in full swing. I was super proud last week where I got up to a normal training week (around 20-25 miles). I ran about 5 miles every other day. For a couple of those runs I practiced hill sprints and speed work. I am currently coach shopping...

Coach Shopping (verb): the act of searching for a coach.

Last year I used Coach Jenny (who I really liked!) but this year I want to try something different. Rather than an online coach, I have been researching and talking to different running coaches who live in my city. I have not chosen one yet but they all sound great and I am super excited!



I have had a few school meetings and work these past couple of weeks. One of those days I stopped at Starbucks for my favorite snack- a strawberry smoothie. It is so good and refreshing. 

ILY Couture shrug // Anthropologie Top // American Eagle Jeans // Nordstrom Watch

You can't see the watch face in the above picture but if you click on the link it will take you to the website. I bought that watch at Nordstrom back in December and I have gotten so many compliments on it! It looks like a really nice watch but it was only $20. I love it!

Last Thursday evening was Bible study at my church that I have been to before. I made some new friends there and on Saturday night we went to dinner and mini golf. It was a fun evening!


Week of Jan. 5th weekly totals:
11 miles running
1 hour, 50 mins cross training

Week of Jan. 12th weekly totals:
23 miles running
1 hour cross training

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs