Week Recap: December 29th- January 4th

January 4, 2015

Happy New Year! 


I have some new changes for the blog for 2015. 
First, I want to have a better blog so if there is anything you want me to write about, please tell me! Second, I am working on a "you ask I answer" type post and this can be any type of question on training, taking a break from training, racing, eating, how to's, etc. 
You can leave a comment below or email them to me at slaralynn6@gmail.com Thank you!

This week was all about trying to stay consistent with workouts. I am back on my usual schedule of Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday running. Tuesday and Thursday cross training and strength training combined.

out to dinner

 one last sister selfie 

Monday, 12/29: Run

Tuesday, 12/30: Cycle + Strength 

For Tuesday's workout, I followed Erin's cycling workout and Page's strength workout- p.s. thanks for the workouts!! The strength was working on mostly legs and it left me sore.

Cycling- 60 minutes
30 mins warm up
2 sets of: 2:00 hard, 1:00 easy, 2:00 hard, 1:00 easy, 3:00 recovery
10 mins cool down


Leg Strength- 30 minutes
2 sets: 20 squats, 15 mountain climbers, 10 crunches
2 sets: 20 squats, 15 mountain climbers (ending in frog position), 10 crunches
3 times: 10 squats with weight bar or weights, 8 dead lifts with weight bar or weights
5 sets: 10 lunges with stretching in between
3 times: 10 step ups, 10 push ups

Wednesday, 12/31:

I moved my long run to the middle of the week with how my body was feeling. I don't always feel good on my runs so I set out to run around 6 or 7 miles and planned to walk whenever I got tired. However, I felt strong and ended up running 8 miles. My family and I celebrated New Years Eve by seeing The Lion King at the theater. It was an amazing play!


Thursday, 1/1: Strength

Since Tuesday was all legs, I worked on abs and arm strength.

Friday, 1/2: Rest day

Saturday, 1/3: Cycle

I decided to take off running and do an easy cycle for 30 minutes since I was tired and sore.

Sunday, 1/4:

I'm taking another rest day to start fresh next week with a new training plan. Since I was able to run 8 miles, I am officially training for a half marathon on February 22nd! I am loosely following --> this plan since I don't run everyday.

This week was: 
12 miles of running
1 hour 50 mins cross training

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a strong long run on Wednesday! 2 questions:

    1) Do you plan on continuing training when you're eventually in nursing school?
    2) Any half or full ironmans in the near future ;-)?

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs