Social Running

January 23, 2015



On Wednesday evening, I Run opened their new location. I Run is a sporting goods store that has all kinds of running gear: shoes, watches, clothing, and running accessories. My high school track and cross country coach is an employee and invited me to their opening/social run. As a mostly solo runner, I was excited to join a group!


After an hour of sitting in traffic, I finally made it to the store. They allowed runner's to test out some new Saucony's but because I was running a bit late I didn't have time to try some on. The leader's mapped out a three mile and a five mile route. I went for the five with about eight other people.


It was a rainy run. The five mile route included a hill with a 12% grade. I ran a hilly marathon so I thought it would be a piece of cake. That hill was intense! I'm glad it was dark outside so I didn't know how far up the hill went because it felt like forever.

After the run, everyone met back up at the store for dinner, prizes, and to check out the new place. The prizes included an Itunes gift card, shoelaces, keychains, socks, and shopping bags. I got a new pair of Saucony socks :)

Most of my friends are not runners so I am glad I went. I really enjoyed the social run, getting to know new people, and I am looking forward to joining them again!


All photos courtesy of I Run on Facebook!

6 comments:

  1. A new pair of shoes?! That's awesome! Looks like a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, most people got to test out new shoes! It was fun!

      Delete
  2. That's awesome that you won a new pair of socks! Running socks are so expensive. I am glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was excited! Yes I agree, they can be expensive. I'll have to share a picture of the ones I got. Me too!

      Delete
  3. It looks like so much fun to link up with other runners. I haven't done that really besides races, and I would love to find other runners someday to socialize with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very fun! I am usually the same way with only meeting people at races. What do you race? Thanks for commenting!

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs