Wow. 2015 was crazy (and super fast??) but I am so happy with where I am at now! Last year I was told I probably wouldn't make it into nursing school because of how competitive each application cycle is. I decided not to listen to people and completely trust God and I was accepted into my first choice school. I was also told after I qualified for Boston that the race I ran wouldn't get me in. But again kept praying about it and I was accepted to run. I stepped back from blogging a bit this past year as I focused on everything else that was going on and now it's the end of the year. I wanted to look back on what I wanted to accomplish this year vs what I actually accomplished AND name a few of my 2016 goals.
Goals for 2015:
- Qualify for Boston- complete!!
- Run at least three half marathons- 2/3 complete.
- Compete in more triathlons- ehhh didn't happen and not happening for awhile. I love triathlons and I hope to compete again soon but I have been focusing a lot on running lately. I was, however, able to swim again (which is always fun!) in the beginning of the year. Thanks to neighborhood pools + free week access to different gyms.
- Run a 10 mile, 20 mile, or a 5k race- not sure if it counts but I did run a "fun run" 5k not for time.
- Get stronger- lift more weights, be faster- complete
1. Run a half marathon (thinking of changing February's 26.2 to 13.1)
2. Run the Boston Marathon in April
3. Find balance with work, school, and life!!