2014 In Review

December 27, 2014


2014 was a year full of PRs and first places. I started the year with a half marathon (1:38) and then decided I wanted to work with a coach. I knew I wanted to try and qualify for the Boston Marathon  so I hired a coach and worked with her for over half of the year. I am very happy I decided to work with a coach this year! Not only did I PR in every distance but I also trained smarter, learned how to race better, and run faster. The most memorable moments of 2014:

I ran a chocolate themed half marathon and beat my previous time by 5 minutes...


I bought my first triathlon bike...


I did my first brick workout...


In 2013, one of my goals was to run a race distance other than a half marathon or full marathon. I ran my first 10k race with a time of 41:16. 

I ran another half marathon in March and beat my time by 2 minutes...




My family and I went to DisneyWorld for vacation....


I had so much fun at my first triathlon that I signed up for another one and got first in my age group and won overall beginner champ...


I went to two complimentary Lululemon yoga classes...


I was told I am too old to be on the family plan at LTF... 

I miss you, Lifetime.

I found a new place to swim...


I got to test out different products from being a Sweat Pink and FitFluential Ambassador. One of the products was a FlipBelt...


I was able to try different Clif Bar products which worked out perfectly as I was trying to figure out what would work best for me during my marathon. I especially liked the electrolyte hydration and shot blocks.

I had so much fun during this marathon training cycle! Since I worked with a coach, it made it more fun to be able to share how I ran and get that email back that said "great job, Sara!" I got through 14, 16, 18, and 2 20 milers. Woah.


My mom, sister, and I had a girls weekend and saw Katy Perry in concert...


I ran a marathon, PRd by 30 minutes, and almost qualified for Boston. I missed qualifying by ninety seconds. Next time, Boston, next time...


My family and I travelled to Florida to watch my sister complete her first Ironman...


My parents, sister and I went to the Trans-Siberian Orchestra concert...


My family and I celebrated Christmas together...


2014 was a great year! I can't wait to see what 2015 has in store.


Also read: 2013 in review

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you had an awesome year Sara! I can't wait to see how 2015 turns out for you! I bet it'll be even better!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs