Week Recap: Month of October 20th- November 23rd

November 23, 2014

These past few weeks went by super quickly. I had originally planned on taking two weeks off after the marathon and then starting back easy. That was what I did last year and I figured that would work again. However, after the two week break I got sick with a minor form of bronchitis. I always have TMI on the blog, my bad. Anyway, that just showed that my body really needed the rest. I'll catch you up on everything that has been going on since I haven't blogged about it!

First, my sister uploaded her race reports and I promised to share. Her pre race report + her race report can be found by clicking on the links and it will take you to her blog.



At the end of October, my oldest sister came into town for a week and that just happened to be the weekend I was racing. After the race, we went out to church and had girls night. 


These last two weeks, the temperatures dropped to the high in the 40s. I love winter since I can wear layers, scarves, and boots! Plus, it meant having an Iphone photo shoot with my sister for updated social media profile pictures ;)



My second favorite hobby is shopping. I have done a lot of shopping these past few weeks. I am not working with a coach and that means I have extra money to spend. But I do miss my coach. I bought a couple new sweaters, a top from Anthropologie, a poncho and new light-wash jeans. I ordered a couple of the items and can't wait until they come in.


One Friday night my mom, sister, and I went to the mall. We found the most comfortable scarf at American Eagle. We bought three of them then wanted to buy another for our oldest sister but it is sold out. Bummer! It is super comfortable and I have gotten so many compliments on it.



I am no longer sick- yay! So, I started back with some easy workouts at the end of this past week with:

Thursday: 30 minutes cycle
Friday: 50 minutes yoga
Saturday: 2 mile run
Sunday: Rest day

My next race is in February. I plan on running 2-3 miles every other day until I can build back up to longer runs. I don't really have to start training until January so I have the next five weeks to get back in shape. I also have a training plan printed out to follow once I am in shape.

Random photo: my sister and I made french toast for breakfast one morning and it was delicious.


Last weekend, my sister Liz came into town to celebrate our dad's birthday. She was here for two days. Last Monday after I got out of class and finished work I met up with my mom, Kathleen, and Liz for a(nother) shopping day. 





Look pumpkins, take a picture of me squatting by them!

This week I have classes on Monday and Tuesday then I have the rest of the week off for Thanksgiving break! My sister is bringing some of her intern friends to our house for Thanksgiving and my oldest sister is coming with her husband. I am looking forward to this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs