Makin' A Recovery Smoothie

September 11, 2014

I am hooked on this recovery smoothie! 

I saw another blogger who posted about making a recovery smoothie out of Vega sport recovery powder. I bought the powder at Whole Foods. The other blogger's smoothie was mixed with frozen fruits to make more of a slushy/ice cream consistency. I bet the thicker consistency is delicious but when I made it last week after my run I didn't freeze the fruits beforehand and I didn't want to wait until the fruit was frozen to make it. 


Recovery Smoothie Recipe: 
1 banana
1 cup of strawberries
1 packet of recovery powder (preferably tropical flavor)
1 cup of coconut water or regular water


If you have coconut water it makes the end flavor more of a tropical flavor but regular water works too. I definitely bought more packets so I could make another one this weekend after my 20 miler!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs