Week Recap: August 3rd - August 9th

August 11, 2014

This past week has been busy! Here is the most random paragraph as I attempt to catch you up on my week. Once we got back from visiting our sister, my family and I have had a nannying job of taking care of two little boys for 8 days. It is fun but kids are tiring! I (finally) registered for my fall marathon. I also ordered new shoes since mine are starting to hurt my feet. My long run for the weekend was 14 miles. I felt way better this weekend than last weekend. Besides training, I have been shopping for a dress to wear to my friend's wedding next weekend, I am signed up for more classes in the fall, and I am enjoying the last couple weeks of summer.


Here's how training went this week:

Sunday- Tuesday: 

Read the recap of our mini trip -- here.

What a road trip looks like ^


On our way back home we stopped at a small airport to watch my dad fly/land his plane. He got his flying license a couple years ago, bought a plane, and is working on building his own plane.

Wednesday: Interval run 

Thursday: Cross training + Strength training

Kathleen did both of my workouts with me. We went to the pool to swim laps then later in the afternoon we did a circuit strength training routine that she put together for us.


Friday: Easy run

Friday evening I laid out my clothes and went to bed at 9:30pm to get ready for...



Saturday: Long run

...a 6:30 alarm for 14 miles. 8:55 pace. Jumping because it was a good run!


Afterwards I went to the gym to pick up lunch for my sister and I. The food is so good! Especially the mocha madness smoothie :)


Sunday: Rest day

This week was:
6.07 hours of training
29.75 miles of running

2 comments:

  1. Haha, you're adorable. Glad you had a great long run and that's really cool your dad can fly planes!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs