Week Recap: August 10th - August 17th

August 18, 2014

I thought this would be a rough week but it ended better than it started. I finished up the nannying job on Wednesday and spent the rest of the week doing girly things- getting a facial and manicure, shopping.

My new shoes came in!!


Monday: 60min run 30min run

Tuesday: Cross train + Strength train

Wednesday: Tempo run

My tempo run was 3 sets of 8 minutes in the orange (somewhat hard) zone. My times per set were 8:30 - 7:45 - 7:00. My legs felt tight at first but once I got to the speed sets it felt good to run fast.

Thursday: Cross train + Strength train

I slept in Thursday, made a big breakfast, went to the gym for my workouts, got a facial, went shopping, and celebrated my sister's birthday.

Green smoothie, coffee, cinammon bagels, fruit assortment, eggs

My sister sent me the recipe for the green smoothie that she calls "Green Monster." Her and her husband drink it every morning. I started drinking it often too, it's delicious! 

Recipe:
1 cup almond milk
1 cup spinach
1 banana
Handful of blueberries


I stopped at Target for new face washes and a birthday present for my sister. I have heard these hairbands are good for your hair because they don't pull as much as the rubber band kinds do. Plus, they come in cute colors. 


I found this new swim workout online. I find that I swim better when I have a workout to follow. I finished 1200m in the 30mins I had.

Friday: 40min run

My mom, sister, and I ran together. I went to the spa for a manicure. I had a friend's wedding Saturday and needed fresh nails. Then I had an epsom salt bath to relieve aches and spent the rest of the day at home. 


Saturday: Race sim workout

9 miles- 5 easy (9:08), 3 moderate (8:15), 1 hard (7:22).

Then my sister and I went to our friend's wedding. I have never been to a wedding (I have been a bridesmaid twice but never a guest) and really enjoyed it.


Sunday: Rest day

This week was:
4.40 hours of training
21.07 miles of running

2 comments:

  1. You look so pretty for the wedding!! And I'm loving that big breakfast. Definitely my kind of food!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs