Week Recap: July 6th - July 13th

July 13, 2014

My sister and I finished our house/dog sitting job which we were bummed about since that means no more riding a golf cart around the neighborhood or swimming in a private pool. On Sunday night my family and I went to the movies. We ordered lots of snacks- popcorn, Icees, candy. We saw Maleficient and it was really good. 


This week was a good training week. There were different activities going on during the day so most of my workouts were done in the evenings. My mom, sister, and I helped at VBS for two of the days this week and I nannied two of the days.

Usually I run with my heart rate monitor but lately it has been annoying and alerting me that my HR is 200 when I am jogging. I need to figure out what is wrong with that.

Monday: 60 minute run
Tuesday: Cross train + Strength train

My dad and sister were going for a run so I planned on riding my bike around the area while they were out. Young boys in a truck were shouting at me and cars were rushing home from work.. I think I will stick to my trainer.

Wednesday: Tempo run

The tempo run had a warm up and cool down with the main set of 20 minutes at my threshold pace. Since my HR monitor wasn't right I ran based on effort and kept a hard pace.

Thursday: Cross train + Strength train

Thursday afternoon my sister and I went to the gym to swim laps in the outdoor pool.


300m warmup
4 x 50m
200m swim
4 x 50m
300m cool down

Friday: 45 minute run
Saturday: Race pace long run

8 mile progression run-- 5 miles at 9:30 pace, 2 miles at 8:30 pace, 1 mile at 7:45 pace

This week was:
5:35:24 hours of training
24.72 miles of running

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs