Goals for Tri #2

June 18, 2014



It is race week! I am so excited (and nervous) for triathlon number two. Not only is it longer distances, but it is also open water. I have read numerous articles covering how to swim in open water, how to sight, what to do when you have a panic attack, etc. These articles make open water swimming seem like the worst thing in the world.

A few weeks ago, my older sister's coach was going to the lake to train and I was going to tag along. But plans changed and I didn't have the chance to try it out. I am hoping 500 meters won't be too bad.

The race directors uploaded the race course last night and tomorrow is packet pick up.


Goals:

1. Survive the swim- I don't know what it is like to swim where you can't see the bottom so I am hoping to calm my nerves and focus on getting to the next buoy.

2. Age group award- I want to place in my age group but first place would be even better!

3. Have fun- This is my last triathlon of the season as I am focusing on marathon training after this. I want to have fun and enjoy the race no matter what the outcome is.

I already have my race outfit ready!


The only things left to do are: packet pick up tomorrow, change my bike tires to the new gator skins, and organize my race gear. 

4 comments:

  1. Yayyy triathlons! So excited for you! You're definitely going to place (if not win!) your age group!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Late response- but yes, yay! I was so excited!!

      Delete
  2. The idea of swimming terrifies me in general, so I'm so impressed with anyone signed up for a tri! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Swimming is fun. Open water swimming isn't fun (yet). Thank you, Sophie!

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs