A Bran Muffin Recipe

June 13, 2014


My grandmother uses this recipe when she makes bran muffins for us while we visit. My family and I love this recipe- it is so good! We half the recipe when we make it since it makes 50 muffins. You can leave unused batter in the refrigerator for up to a month. Enjoy!

Ingredients: 
2 cups hot water
4 cups all-bran cereal
2 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup shortening
1 tbs salt
4 eggs
1 quart buttermilk
2 more cups bran
5 cups flour
5 teaspoons baking soda

Directions:
In a medium bowl pour hot water over 4 cups bran. Set aside to cool (and soak).
In large bowl, cream sugar and shortening, and add remaining ingredients, stirring in soaked bran last.
Bake in greased muffin pans for 15 minutes at 400 degrees.

2 comments:

  1. I don't think I've ever actually had a bran muffin. They sound so yummy though! I think I might try and make these! Not the whole recipe though... 50 muffins is a lot!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you will, they are really yummy!! Definitely half it because it is a ton.

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs