Week Recap: May 5th - May 10th

May 10, 2014

This week (well the beginning, at least) was really sweet. I took my last two finals on Monday and Wednesday and am now on summer break! The bad part was I have been really sick these past two days. I talked with my coach and we decided not to run the half marathon that I was supposed to run in two weeks. With missing my long run this weekend, I would not have been prepared to run a half. 

I loved having all of my family together this past week. It was so much fun! Anna left yesterday and we already miss her a lot. 


Monday: Tempo run

I had two tempo runs this week. As I work on getting faster, my coach wanted to see how my body does with having two hard runs in one week. They were tough but I always feel stronger after pushing myself to run faster.

Tuesday: Cross train + Strength train

Anna brought me some protein powder and amino acid powder. I will share about them soon!


I had a 30 minute swim which I did a 1000m recovery swim. I also had a short session of weights.

1000m recovery swim, repeats:
100m swim
100m with kickboard 

Wednesday: Tempo run


These are delicious snacks

Thursday: Rest

Thursday was our shopping day


Our first pairs of Kendra Scott earrings 


New gator skins for my bike

And then everything got bad. I am taking a break from training until I can eat full meals again/ get my strength back. I am feeling much better but still very tired. Have a great weekend and enjoy your Mother's day!

Friday: Rest
Saturday: Rest

This week was:
2.20 hours of training
11.07 miles of running

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on finishing school and I love those earrings! Aren't coaches the best? They help make sure we aren't doing stupid things like racing when it's better we don't ;-). Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Madelynne! Yes they are! Haha exactly :) Thank you. I never get sick but I feel so much better.

      Delete
  2. Hope you're feeling better soon!! Luckily I haven't had to deal with any sickness yet this year (knock on wood!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am!! Thank you! And I am back to training so I am happy again ;)

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs