Week Recap: May 11th - 18th

May 18, 2014

This week was all about getting back into running/training after being sick last week. No tempo runs. I took one more rest day on Monday so I could ease back into training. I was nervous for my run on Wednesday, afraid that it would feel pretty bad, but it didn't at all so I am happy. 

One exciting thing this week was this email:

Even if I am not going, it still sounds cool!

Sunday: Rest day

For Mother's Day we had dinner together, gave her presents, then went on a family walk.

Monday: Rest day

Tuesday: Cross train + Strength train

40 minutes of cycling. 
30 minutes of strength training. I didn't use weights since I still felt pretty weak. I did push ups, lunges, squats, crunches, etc. 

Wednesday: Easy run

50 minutes easy

New Lululemon is always exciting.

Thursday: Cross train + Strength train

30 minute swim which was 1200 meters. 

Warm up: 3 x 150m fast
Main set: 8 x 50m alternating one fast and one recovery
Cool down: 2 x 100m, 1 x 150m  

Followed by 30 minutes of weights where I actually used weights. 

Friday: Easy run

35 minutes easy

Saturday: Long run

10 miles! I felt great the whole way.


Sunday: Rest day

My mom, sister, and I are headed to our grandparents house today. See you back here in a few days!

This week was:
5 hours of training
19.22 miles of running

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you're feeling better! That's awesome that you didn't even feel bad on your run. That long run pace is amazing! My coach told me today that my long runs should be in the 8's and I usually run them around 10 min mile haha... but I can't even tell I'm running it's so easy. Do you get tired at all during long runs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad too :) I know! I was a little nervous that it wouldn't be good. Not usually, they feel pretty easy.

      Delete
  2. How cool is that? Just catching up with your blog ... looks like things are going well! :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs