Week Recap: June 28th- May 4th

May 4, 2014



This past week was the last week of school which meant a lot of stuff to get done/turn in before finals next week. My sister and brother in law came into town on Thursday! We haven't seen them since Christmas. It was my birthday on Friday and I got to celebrate with the family I nanny for on Wednesday and with my family on Friday and Saturday. It was definitely a great birthday with having all of my family together!

Training this week was increasing milage as I have a half marathon coming up in three weeks. During the month of April I didn't have any double digit runs. The longest I ran was 6 miles. I had my first "long" run this weekend of 8 miles then next weekend will be back up to double digits.

Saturday: Race day

I am a triathlete! Check out the recap -- here --


Sunday: Recovery day

I went to yoga with my mom for the first time in a few months. It was a good class but it wasn't restorative yoga so I went for child's pose for most of the class.

My older sister, Anna, ran her first marathon on Sunday!! Which makes 1/2 of my family marathoners. I am so proud of her! And I already asked her to do a guest post on here ;)

Monday: Easy run

Tuesday: Strength train

Wednesday: Easy run

Thursday: Cross train + Strength train

My swim workout was 1200 meters. Then a quick strength training workout later.

Warm up: 100m swim, 50m kick, 100m swim, 50m kick
Main: 500m easy swim
Cool down: 50m kick, 100m swim, 50m kick, 100 swim, 100 cool down

ANNA CAME INTO TOWN.

I also got really exciting news- I am a sweat pink ambassador! I will do a post about it next week but I am very excited to be a part of the group!
Friday: Easy run

It was my birthday! I did my run in the morning. I celebrated with my family with cake and presents.


Saturday: Long run

I woke up early to run 8 miles, studied for a final, went to campus to take a final, then got ready for church and dinner with my family. It was so much fun!


Sunday: Rest day

This week was:
5.35 hours of training
21.32 miles of running

8 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday! And welcome to the Sweat Pink family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Happy Birthday! It sounds like a great day! And congrats to your sister! I'm excited for her guest post! Which reminds me... I still have to write one for you! Once school is done I'm totally gonna get on that! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Leigha! I will tell her ;) And yes you do! I am looking forward to it :)

      Delete
  3. Hope you had a wonderful birthday!! I'm looking forward to your sister's guest post and glad to see you all were reunited this week :D

    P.S. I have the necklace that matches your loving heart bracelet ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did!! It was the best :) I am so happy to have everyone together! That sounds so cute!!

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs