Training + Fuel

May 14, 2014

A few weeks ago I struggled with feeling tired all. the. time. I would go to bed at 9:30 most nights and wake up at 7 or 8 in the morning which is plenty of rest but I was still tired during the day. My sister works at Total Nutrition and suggested different powders for me to try in addition to eating a full breakfast, lunch, dinner, and healthy snacks throughout the day. The powders would be taken after work outs or in between meals. 


The Lean Active protein powder is chocolate flavored. The package says it can be taken at breakfast, after a workout, or at bed time. It aids in muscle endurance and recovery. It also increases lean muscle growth.

The Amino Active powder works best taken before a workout and after a workout. It repairs muscles after exercise, hydration, and also aids in muscle recovery.

They also don't leave clumps in the cup when shaken, which most powders do.


I usually take both during the day. I drink the protein powder in between breakfast and lunch and I drink the amino acids in the afternoons. So far they are working great. I haven't felt super tired in a few weeks but that could be from not having school and from being sick and having a break from training. The point is, I feel good and I am ready to train strong for the next few months. 

Also, my sister and I are working on her guest post about her first marathon. We thought of the idea of a questionnaire type post so if you have any questions about her training/thoughts/racing the marathon comment below or email me and I will send them to her! 

2 comments:

  1. I love amino acids! I used to drink it all the time, thanks for reminding me to go pick some up!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs