Week Recap: April 6th - April 12th

April 13, 2014

There are a few things I have learned in the past few weeks: it is very important to warm up before exercising, weights are fun, and running based on effort isn't as hard as I was making it. A couple week's ago I was talking with my older sister about having random pain come up in my hip and my back. We figured out it was my lack of proper warming up that was causing the pain. After a lot of stretching and taking the time to warm up before swimming, biking, and weights, I have zero random pains. I like the fact I learned that before this week as the duration of workouts increased. 

Sunday: Rest day

Monday: Easy run 

I had class for most of the day (and two speeches due) so I decided to do my run in the afternoon. It was 7 miles. This was the longest distance since my last race and it felt really good to do a longish run.

Tuesday: Cross train + Strength train

I went to nanny for a few hours in the morning. Later I had an hour of biking on the trainer then twenty minutes of weights to do. For strength training I increased my weights from 10lbs to 12 lbs. I definitely felt it the next day. 

Wednesday: Tempo run

I woke up early to get my run done. It was four sets of running 5 minutes hard, 2 minutes recovery. Including a warm up and cool down.

Set 1 - 7:00. Set 2- 7:45 (uphill). Set 3- 7:30. Set 4- 6:45


I had class for most of the day. It was also my sister's 19th birthday so later we went out to dinner to celebrate. 



Thursday: Cross train + Strength train

My past few weeks of swimming have been tough. Sometimes I am not in the mood to swim and I can't find a good rhythm. This was my first good swim in awhile. Instead of breathing on every fourth stroke I changed it to every three. My swim session increased in time so I found a longer workout to follow. I also did a 100m cool down making it 1700m in all which is the furthest I have swam so far.

You don't decorate your workout paper too?

Afterwards I grabbed a smoothie and ran a bunch of errands before getting home, eating lunch, and doing my weight session. Later that evening was Bible study. 


Friday: Easy run

I had class for most of the day, did my run in the afternoon, then it was date night to dinner and a movie!

Saturday: Brick workout 

I had planned on getting up early to do my brick workout but that didn't happen. I hung out with friends for the morning, quickly got my brick finished then got ready to go to orchestra and church.

Sunday: Rest day

This week was:
6.40 hours of training
19.35 miles of running

4 comments:

  1. That's great that you figured out what was hurting you! I've done that 5 minutes hard, 2 minutes easy workout for track and it is KILLER. Props to you! Happy Birthday to your sister!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so killer! I always think it will be easy because it is only 5 minutes but it's a tough one. Thanks! And I will tell her :)

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs