Happy First Birthday, Blog!

April 21, 2014

One year ago (on April 18th to be exact) I had a little too much time on my hands and stumbled across blogger. I had no idea how to blog or what to do with a blog. I originally created my blog to write down my workouts. I was afraid to share my personal life. I mean, what if there were stalkers or creepers? So I only wrote down how many miles I ran and maybe inserted a picture and that was it. However, it wasn't very fun and no one was reading. Also, the original name in all my creativity was 'Life is Funner When You're a Runner'. Luckily I had the help of a blunt sister who said "that is grammatically incorrect" and the help of another sister who said "what about Run Sara Run." Which is where I got the name.

I love my blog. Not only is it a place where I can write down everything from excitement to frustrations, it is also a place where I can connect with other people who all share the same passion. It is my outlet and where I can be myself. I have made new friends and, even though we have never met, I have loved getting to know everyone and stay connected through each others blogs. I have also been able to become a part of different organizations such as Fitfluential, Idea Inspired Bloggers, Running Bloggers, and be a Share the Fit Ambassador. It is so much fun and I am so grateful for these opportunities! I honestly think everyone should have a blog. 

Happy one year RunSaraRun!!

6 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to RunSaraRun! :) I can totally relate to not wanting to share at first, that's how I was too. Now, I'm so glad I did because I've "met" so many great people! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Run Sara Run! I am so happy we have connected through blogging because I love reading all of your posts! Here's to many more years! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Brie! I'm so happy we connected too. I love keeping up with your posts as well! xoxo

      Delete
  3. So happy to have discovered your blog this year! Love ya girly :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs