My first brick!

March 5, 2014

I had my first brick workout yesterday!

Brick is a term for combining two sports together (usually bike and run) to help adapt the muscles for triathlon day. I didn't know I would be doing brick workouts in my beginner triathlon training but I was so excited when I saw it written down. My brick was a 30 minute bike followed by a 20 minute run.  It was a short brick but I was able to feel out how it would be on race day going from biking straight to running.
oh hey, arm.

The 20 minute run was more like 13 minutes of running, 10 minutes of catching dogs, 7 minutes of running. In the middle of my run I saw these dogs running by and thought it was odd they were running where I was. Then I saw this little old lady yelling for the dogs. I asked her if she needed help when she told me "doing these things is hard for a 65 year old." And I noticed her bleeding hands. Poor thing! I paused my Garmin and helped her grab the dogs then continued on my way back home. 

I also had 20 minutes of strength training to do. When I finished the workout I also began to wonder about transitions and how I still don't have biking shorts yet (yes, it kinda hurts) and what am I going to wear for race day etc. I suppose I should keep taking it one day at a time. Yay brick number 1!

2 comments:

  1. Ooh double workout, I like it! Way to go on helping the lady with the dogs.. karma will help you now :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs