Week Recap: January 27th - February 1st

February 1, 2014

I am getting back into the swing of things. I started off the week doing my own workouts until I had my training plan uploaded online. It was uploaded on Wednesday night so I started on Thursday morning. I am so liking this whole coaching thing. Sorry, but you may be hearing that a lot now. I just love it! Having someone keep me accountable, encourage me, and keep me focused is the best thing!

On Saturday night after church my family and I decided to go out to eat. We grabbed burgers and ice cream (hey, that sounds familiar) then walked around the outdoor mall. Sunday was spent relaxing and getting caught up on school stuff and things needed to be done around the house.



Monday: 30 minute easy run

Tuesday: Indoor cycling (30 minutes)

Wednesday: Rest day

School + Bible study + orchestra rehearsal. I was going to do a short run when I got home but Face- timing my sister sounded so much better.

Thursday: Strength training + swimming



I thought the early afternoon would be a good time to swim laps but I was wrong. Every lane was taken and three people were waiting for lanes before me. I didn't have to wait long but I am noting that early afternoon is a bad time to swim laps. What is it with the gym pool being so popular?!

600m swim workout (beginner workout I found online):

100m warmup
4 x 50m
4 x 25m
2 x 50m
100m cool down

Friday: Easy run

Easy run before school with my mom.

Saturday: Long run

8 miles done this morning. I felt really good! I took gatorade chews this time rather than Gu chomps and they didn't make my stomach hurt- yes!


This week was:
4 hours of training
14.2 miles of running

6 comments:

  1. It is so cool that you ran with your mom! I wish I could run with mine, lol. I've been wanting to try a pool workout!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, I love it! You should! It's challenging but fun :)

      Delete
  2. When you take a GU Chomp, Sara, do you follow it up with a few sips of water the same way you would with a GU Energy Gel?

    Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's why it's really confusing me. I'm not sure what's up with them.

      Delete
  3. Looks like a good week, Sara! I tried Gatorade chews once too and they worked well for me and didn't give my any stomach issues, but my favorites are the Honey Stinger chews because I found that they were a bit easier to chew while running :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hailey! The only problem is they die my tongue the color of the chew. Oh I will have to look into those, thanks!

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs