Week Recap: February 10th - February 16th

February 16, 2014

There were no swimming or biking workouts included in this week's training which I was a little bummed about. Those are my two favorite activities lately. I love riding my bike on the trainer and swimming laps at the pool because it is so much fun! It was more of a recovery week but since my workouts haven't been that hard or long lately I didn't really want the down week.. 

A few of my favorite things from the week:


The little boys I nanny for gave me a Valentine's card ///  4 inches gone from my hair
The weather has been so nice (in the 70s and 80s!!) ///  I made chocolate covered strawberries

Sunday: Rest day

Monday: Easy run

45 minutes at a 9.09 pace.

Tuesday: Strength train  

I followed a workout that my brother in law sent me that made me sooore. 

Wednesday: Easy run

I ran in the afternoon and kind of got ahead of myself... I ran an 8:08 pace for over five miles. My coach said "easy." Oops. Way too fast but I was feeling good!

Thursday: Strength train

I finished up more paper work for nursing school and waited at the doctor's for an hour and a half for them to fill out some forms. Since I was waiting so long I read until the doctor came in which took forever... But really good book!


The rest of the day included picking up my sister from school, going to get ice cream, and then working out later in the evening. My sister put together a strength training workout for us to do together.

Friday: Easy Run

30 minute run at a 9.00 pace.

Valentine's Day was a happy day. I got up early to finish my easy run, went to school, then came home to flowers that my mom had bought for my sister and I, new Lululemon tank and headband, heart shaped brownies, and a bracelet I had ordered came in! I spent the evening with my family making pizza and watching a movie.


Saturday: Long Run

11 miles at 8.48 pace done with a running buddy and without music.



Sunday: Rest day

Sunday's are usually my only days off of everything (aka sleep in days) but I missed orchestra last week and I had to work late last night so I moved playing orchestra/ going to church for this morning.

This week was:
4.37 hours of training
24.77 miles of running

12 comments:

  1. The Fault in our Stars is a really good book! This might be old news, but did you know it's a movie? I didn't know it until I saw a preview for it this weekend. And as I always say, your family is so adorable. What a sweet Valentine's day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really good!! I'm half way through it. A friend from school said I will cry so I am not looking forward to the end.. Yes, I saw it's a movie! It was so sweet! Especially since I was at school all day it was a nice surprise to come home to :)

      Delete
  2. Awesome week of running! You are seriously fast. LOVE that book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to read that book before the movie comes out this summer! It looks so good! And I think its so fun that you have your sister to do all things active with :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you do! It's really good so far! It definitely makes it more fun ;)

      Delete
  4. The Fault In Your Stars is written by my favourite author - you'll love it! I would highly recommend reading Looking For Alaska next. It's his first novel and my favourite book in the whole world. Also, I hope someday I'll be able to call 45 minutes an "easy run!" Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone else recommended that too. I will have to get it next. Thanks for the recommendation! You're doing great with your workouts, keep it up!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank ya! So I saw it on another running blogger and it looked super cute and it was Lulu so of course it had to come home with me ;)

      Delete
  6. you are such a cutie!! I hope as the summer rolls around I can fall in love with a little more swimming and biking!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs