Tempo running.

February 6, 2014

One of the hardest things for me is running easy. In fact, on the form I submitted to my coach one of the questions was: Which is harder for you- running hard or running easy. And my answer was running easy. I just like to run fast! I do know the importance of not taking every single run fast and taking certain runs slower than the others. But this post isn't about an easy run, it is about a fast run.

Yesterday I had my first tempo run in quite awhile. I haven't really ran fast in a few weeks so I was ready to get out there and see what my legs had in them. I was also having one of those days where I didn't want to think, I just wanted to run so I wrote down my workout on my arm in case I forgot what was next.


I had two sets of 10 minutes fast, 2 minutes recovery. My fast sets were 10 minutes long which means it wasn't a full sprint but it was keeping up a fast pace. 

first set -- 6.50 pace. 
second set -- 7.28 pace.

I had to watch myself because my first set I was getting down to a 6 minute mile and I didn't want to go way too fast and not be able to keep up on the second set. I definitely felt it coming back on the second set as it was cold, windy, and I was running uphill. While I wish it was negative splits, I will take those paces. 

I am off to the gym. Hopefully I get a lane this time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs