New Things & A Slight Change In Goals

February 4, 2014

My sister sent down some bike gear that goes to her old bike (the one I now have). I was really excited when I went to pick it up yesterday! Here is what she sent:


1. Bike bag

This goes on the stem of the bike seat. I don't even know what the things are called that are inside of that bag but I do know that they fix flats.

2. Helmet

Remember the helmet I was talking about yesterday that my sister let me have? This is it! Plus, it matches the bike.

3. Lacrosse ball

Aw, she included a lacrosse ball! That's so sweet. I texted her asking if it was right since we already have one (for recovery) and she told me it was an accident. Thanks for the gift sister! ;)

4. Clip ins

This year I just want to do one triathlon since my main focus is on the marathon in October. But if I start doing more triathlons I have these clip ins that replace the baskets on my bike. I would have to buy certain shoes that go into these.

I made up my original 26 before 26 goal saying that I would run multiple half marathons per year in order to complete the goal by the time I turn 26. Last year I made this goal and planned on running six half marathons per year which seemed possible. However, I didn't plan on running as fast as I can on each one. Sure, I can run six half marathons per year, but what I really want to do is train hard for each race and not just run as many races as I can each year.

So... the change. I am still keeping my goal of running 26 races before I turn 26 but I am changing it to 26 races in general (10ks, 10 milers, 20 milers, marathons, beginner triathlons, etc.) rather than keep it to one distance of the half marathon. Why did I write all of this on just a goal? It makes me feel better.

I also bought this really cool app (the one that lets me edit and write on photos) that I have already over used in just two days.

That is all.

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great plan! Good luck on your 26 by 26 goal!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great plan, Sara! Excited to follow your progress! And, yay for new bike gear! Guessing there are some tire levers in the bike bag and maybe a co2 cartridge :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Writing everything down always makes me feel better! It's like if I don't write it down, I never had a chance at actually doing it. Been loving your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad someone agrees with me, haha! Thanks so much Alysha :)

      Delete
  4. I think your new goal is great! I think by including all distances/events it adds a different type of challenge because each distance will vary in training time and time it takes to recover so it's for sure a goal that will still challenge you, but by mixing it up I also think it sounds fun at the same time! I'm looking forward to reading about everything from 5ks to triathlons! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Hailey! I'm looking forward to trying out different distances!

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs