Happy Valentine's Day, Running.

February 14, 2014


It's only right to talk about running on Valentine's day. During my morning run on Monday it wasn't necessarily perfect running weather. It was cold, lightly raining, and windy but the whole run I was paying attention to my breathing and listening to the sound of my feet hitting the pavement. I never thought for a moment about the weather just about how good it felt to run. But then there are runs like Wednesday where I wake up early, get dressed to run but end up not running because I was too tired or my legs hurt too much. There are good days and there are bad days but no matter what type of run it may be, I set my alarm clock most mornings to get up early and run. I spend a lot of money on running and I spend a lot of time running. I can't help it, I love running.

1. I run for the awards. 

What can I say? It is really nice to have all of my hard work pay off on race day when I win age group awards or first place medals.


2. I run so I can write about it.

I really enjoy writing about running and reading other runners stories about running. It brings a lot of motivation and inspiration from reading other's writings and reading my own writing. 

The beginning stages of Run Sara Run
3. I run to be fast.

I always thought of myself as an okay runner. In high school I wasn't one of the fastest girls. Or so I told myself so I didn't push myself in practices or races. My first half marathon was a 1:55 and I never would have thought I would be in the 1:30s. Only recently when I PR'd my half marathon time I realized I want to keep pushing myself to see how much faster I can be.



4. I run because I love the running community.

Giving high-fives to other runners during a race. Being totally comfortable running a race all by myself because I know I will meet someone to run with during the race. My Instagram is mainly running friends who I don't even know but we all "like" each others pictures because we all love the same thing. The running community is great!

5. I run for the cool gear.

What is a better excuse for spending so much money on shoes every month, gear, watches, etc.?

6. I run because I LOVE it. 

Running in the rain or sun, in the early mornings or late afternoons, whether it is a good run or bad run, I think I will always love running.


Happy Valentine's Day!

6 comments:

  1. Love it! That was neat reading that old post - I've never read that one before! You are such an inspiring runner! Happy Valentine's Day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Leigha!! You always make my day with your sweet words :) Happy (late) Valentine's Day!

      Delete
  2. Love this post! I love the passion that you have for running-- it's what gets me up and running every day! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brie! I'm glad you like it. That means so much to me, thank you! Great job on your running! XO

      Delete
  3. Love this! Life would be soooo different without running and I'm glad to see you get so much joy from the sport (not that I didn't already know this). And yes, there will always be good runs and bad runs, but the good ones always make up for the bad ones :D. Running is always worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Madelynne :) Running is great!! Sometimes I think I love it a little too much.. but it's my "me time" and I always enjoy it! Yes they do. I'm like well that run stunk, let's run again tomorrow to make up for it.. haha

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs