Welcome Home, Little Blue!

January 21, 2014

Everyone, everyone! Stop what you're doing! Guess what I just got... 

I just got MY FIRST ROAD BIKE!


When someone gets their first road bike it is a very exciting day. When a runner gets their first road bike it is also very exciting with a mix of emotions. Runners belong on the road, not on a bike. But the day has finally arrived where I am able to get on! I have been looking at road bikes for a few months now but had been debating whether or not to purchase one. I wasn't sure how serious I would be about doing triathlons and I didn't want to fork over $1000 on a bike that would be raced a few times a year.

Like I said in another post, this is actually my older sister's bike. She had this road bike for a few years completing numerous triathlons and a half ironman with it. She is looking forward to completing a full ironman later this year and was offered a sweet deal to upgrade into a triathlon bike.

The store replaced different parts to this bike and it is still in great condition. My dad and Anna talked about selling it to me and I didn't take a second to think about it. Here's the money, yes I want it. The only problem.. I haven't been on a bike in years. Sure I rode a bike all my childhood and sure I have been to cycle class numerous times where the gears are located in one knob on the front of the bike but a road bike..

When we got the bike, the seat was high so I couldn't get on it. I just left it in my room (what? It's too pretty to be outside). Yesterday I asked my dad to fit me on the bike and then wanted to ride around the neighborhood. He wanted me to get on the trainer first to fit me. Am I supposed to be bending all the way forward? And he wanted to show me how to change the gears depending on if I am riding up or down a hill. What gears? When he showed me all the handles switching all the gears up and down while I had to keep pedaling I was a little overwhelmed. I thought I would just get the bike, sign up for an outdoor cycle club, and ride along.

Uhh... what am I doing?

Oh well, I am one step closer to following my next dream- becoming a triathlete.

Welcome home, little blue!

6 comments:

  1. Very cool, congrats! How fun, I look forward to hearing as you get ready to become a Triathlete!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm super excited! Training starts as soon as I recover from my race ;) but I am so ready to start training for this new sport!

      Delete
  2. How exciting! I think getting into triathlons will be my goal for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. New bike day is the best day! So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. New bike day is so fun!! I can't wait to hop on and start riding!

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs