Week Recap: January 19 - January 25

January 25, 2014

After a hard run last Sunday, I have been enjoying this down time. I was going to take off just a couple days after the race, but when I realized how busy my race/training calendar will be I decided to take off a whole week. Triathlon training pretty much begins when I want it to. I figured out that February 1st will be the first day of triathlon training (the triathlon I am looking at is at the end of April). I have another half marathon in March so I will be training for 13.1 + a sprint tri these next few months.

Here is a weekly recap of what I have been up to:

Sunday: 13.1

Race day!! After the race, I relaxed the rest of the afternoon. I tried to nap but napping after races is sometimes hard when my adrenaline is still going. I wish I had smiled in my race photo but at that point I was so upset. Apparently a lot of other people got lost as well and were writing bad reviews on the race website. I was upset but I realized it's just a race. Later that evening my family and I went out to dinner. In my opinion, the best way to celebrate is burgers and custard.



Monday: Rest day

No class because of the holiday. I pretty much caught up on sleep and stayed in compression socks and sweatpants all day. The only time I got up was in the afternoon when my dad and I rode our bikes. Can you tell I love it?


Tuesday: Rest day

No class. It's been awhile since I have read a good book and stuck with it. I saw a couple books (The Fault In Our Stars and Divergent) off a few other blogs so I decided to check them out. Reading + studying for my nursing exams.

Wednesday: 15 minutes yoga

Class + Bible study + 15 minutes of yoga + orchestra rehearsal. My "oh my gosh I have jewels on my collar!" face. I bought my first JCrew pieces last week off their website including a new skirt, sweater, jeweled tank, and peplum and am pretty happy with my finds.



Thursday: Rest day

No class. Nursing exam. After my nursing exam I went into a bike store to look for bike shorts. The place was super sketchy and so was the man working there. I ended up leaving empty handed because I just wanted to get out of there. I'm going to try a few different other stores and maybe have my dad go with me to help find a good pair.

Friday: 30 mins cycling 

No class. 30 minutes on the bike and spent the rest of the day with my family.

Saturday: 3.5 mile run


I did a run this morning with my mom and sister, they ran.. I ran/walked. I am hoping to get back into a schedule next week depending on how I am feeling. Now I am off to get ready for orchestra and church. 

While I love training, I also love having a little break to rest up. Especially since I have been trainingtrainingtraining since July. 

This week was:
1.83 hours of training
16.6 miles of running 

4 comments:

  1. I'm reading The Fault in our Start right now! It's so good! And you deserve and easy week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good! I'm glad to hear that. I started it and it seemed different than what I thought. Thanks :)

      Delete
  2. I'm reading The Fault in Our Stars now too and am enjoying it so far. I also went back and forth on getting that J. Crew top with the jewels. It's so cute, I don't know why I didn't get it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See? Everyone is reading it! Haha. You would look so cute in it! You seem like a JCrew girl. It's on sale 50% off at JCrew factory!!

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs