Running Another Marathon & Sunday's Race Goals

January 15, 2014


It is easy to be on a marathon high right after you run a marathon and want to sign up for a hundred more in the next month. Maybe that is just me? I began to train for the half marathon I have this weekend and wanted to keep adding on miles from there.

As I have been training for the past six weeks I have noticed I work hard and train but I am also tired. My stomach hasn't been loving gu/gels lately. My legs are still a little sore the next week from the long run I finished five days ago.

Training for a marathon is a huge commitment and I am just not ready to add that on right now. That said, I am still planning on running another marathon this year but the one I am looking at is not until December and I don't start training for a few months.

These next few months I am focusing on: swim, bike, running to train for my first triathlon in May, I am racing another half marathon in March, and possibly completing a double half in June or July (running a half marathon on Saturday and Sunday).

For Sunday's race goals I have three goal times in mind:

  • My "I'm on top of the world and the adrenaline is really going" time is 1:39. 
  • My more realistic goal time is 1:41.
  • My "I just want to finish" goal time is 1:48.

6 comments:

  1. You are going to rock it!! I'm so excited for you and to hear all about it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lack of motivation...sore/tired legs....your body is telling you something, Sara. Rein yourself in and listen to the clues your body is giving you. I'm not telling you that you shouldn't run the 13.1; but perhaps you should forget about any goal times and just run the race as a long run and don't put the pressure of a goal pace upon yourself. Don't set yourself up for an injury. You recently ran a marathon and your body is still in recovery mode. Good luck and be smart.

    Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your words of wisdom! You are very right. I do think there are a lot of other factors going into how I have been feeling this week but I do agree that I shouldn't worry so much about racing it. I forget that with my goals it is more about quantity than quality. I need to focus on having fun and finishing recovering from the marathon!

      Thanks again for helping me change my perspective!!

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs