I am now "that" runner..

January 27, 2014

You know "those" runners that are made fun of in youtube videos where all they talk about is their coach or their goals or their workout for the day, etc? I am now "that" runner. I got a personal coach! On Saturday morning after my run I was looking at training plans from Jenny Hadfields website. I follow her free training plans for the half marathons I run and I followed her beginner marathon plan for November's race.

Normally I follow a plan, run whatever pace I want, and complete races but I want to get more serious about running. I saw on her website that she offers personal coaching so I emailed her and then told her I wanted her to coach me.



With my goals of qualifying for Boston in 2015 or 2016 (depending on how many marathons I run per year), competing in a few sprint triathlons over the summer, running a 1:30 or less half marathon, I realized I need some guidance with my training. I have huge goals I want to accomplish and I think having a personal coach will help me get there. I'm so excited to start working with A COACH!

10 comments:

  1. SO COOL! Your running is just going to go up from here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I hope that it all work out and you are able to push yourself to limits you never even knew you had ;) Good luck friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So awesome, Sara! You are gonna be unstoppable! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erin! I'm a bit nervous.. but also excited!

      Delete
  4. How does having an on-line coach work, Sara? I realize she will send you workouts to follow and you will report your progress but is there any cost to you? I guess I could get that information from her web-site but I thought I'd ask you. Good luck!

    Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not too sure either, haha. It costs $195 a month. I gave her my running history and she creates a personal plan for me, she gives me daily workouts and tips, when I have trouble or questions I can ask her, etc. Everything is over online/email but I think it will be good for me to have some guidance especially since I overtrained my last training cycle.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the info, Sara....didn't you read Hal Higdon's book, "Marathon," and follow one of his training plans for your marathon? If you did, did you follow the training plan faithfully? or did you customize it to fit your needs?

      Paul

      Delete
    3. I read his book only for tips but I actually used Jenny's free training plan for beginner marathon off her website and followed it faithfully. I probably should have customized it but since it was my first marathon I wanted to do exactly what it said.

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs