Cocoa Womens half marathon: Week Six

January 18, 2014

It is the end of RACE WEEK. I did it, I trained for a half marathon in only six weeks. Normally I train for a couple of months for a half but because of the time of my last race, recovery weeks, and the fact I really wanted to run a half marathon in January I only had a few weeks to build my milage back up.

Given at expo: bag with race shirt

I started my long run from 6 miles, then each weekend I added on more and more to get to 10 miles in the end. I don't know if it was smart to train so quickly considering I just ran a marathon but I guess I will find that out on Sunday. Here is a recap of race week:

Sunday: Rest day

Monday: Cross training- full body workout for 30mins

Tuesday: 3 mile easy run

Wednesday: 2 mile easy run

Thursday: Rest day

Friday: Rest day

Saturday: 2 mile easy run

Sunday: RACE DAY- 13.1

I can't wait for tomorrows race! I have some goals in mind but I am going to run based on how I feel and not push it too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs