Cross Fit + December Goal Three

December 24, 2013

You guys, I did cross fit for the first time this morning! Now I get why people love it. I was so nervous before we got started because I don't do that type of weight lifting and I didn't want to be wimpy. Turns out no one cared how light I was lifting. My brother in law, Jake, and older sister, Anna, took me with them.



There were probably 20 people there. We did a few drills as warm up, two 400m sprints, then the WOD or workout of the day. My first 400 meter was 1:22 and my second was a 1:24. The workout of the day was five rounds of sled pulls then ten power snatches. The lady in charge had me do kettle bell swings instead of the power snatches. They charted everyone's results and I got last.. But it was my first time so I didn't care. My brother in law got second! 

I can cross out one of my December goals that was to work on ab and strength training. I may not be able to lift the heaviest weights but I have been working on more strength training this past month. The first of December I couldn't do push ups but now I can do ten! 

Now I am off to get ready for orchestra. This afternoon and evening are the Christmas Eve services at church which I will be playing with the orchestra in both. Have a Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. Haha I think I would be last too, don't worry! Cross fit sounds really fun, I need to try it!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs