4 Week Half Marathon Training Guide

December 23, 2013

While I have been doing some training, I realized I only have four weeks until the half marathon that hope to PR in. I just finished a full marathon, I haven't run long enough, and I don't have enough time to add on more milage. I am very competitive but I don't think it is possible for me to PR in a race I signed up for without the proper training time. But even with the excuses, I am training hard and starting to build up to racing again.



I am trying a different training program based on how I have been running lately. It has three to four running days and four cross training days. I found one of Hal Higdon's 12 week programs except I am following only the last four weeks. Week 9 is my next training week but rather than the 10k race I am switching it out for an 8 - 8.5 mile run. My longest run since the marathon is 7.5. 

My goals for this race are to have fun running my first half of the new year and try to run as fast as I can. 



Lately I have been enjoying time with my family. My oldest sister and brother in law came into town on Thursday and my grandparents got here today. I ran a four miler today and look forward to trying cross fit with my sister tomorrow morning. I have never been to cross fit and am a little nervous.

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to try cross fit! Tell us how it is! Hope you have a great Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs