Training Updates

November 7, 2013


Do you see that picture? I have 5 more training run days, 1 more cross training day, and 10 more days before the marathon. At first I thought I was tapering too long but now it seems like the days are passing too quickly. After training for over 140 days, all of my training is coming down to the final stretch.

I knew I needed a new pair of running shoes before the marathon but I thought "hey, why don't I wait until the last minute to start thinking of buying some." This morning I was calling different running stores to see which ones carried the Mizuno Wave Elixir 8s and you know what they said? They are back ordered and won't be expecting them in stores for another month. I was panicking! I know I can't run the marathon in the shoes I already own because they hurt my feet. I was calling so many running stores that I got to the point of one store owner saying I had just called them. Luckily the store owner was nice and told me different options of shipping or being refit for different shoes but I didn't want to do that. I quickly called my older sister and asked her what I should do and she told me to just order them overnight from Running Warehouse. So I did. And my Mizuno's are on their way to my house as I type this. Everything is good now.

My sister reminded me there is no need to worry. Everything will come together. Luckily I didn't reach any of the other stages of tapering but maybe panicking should be added in there. And now for some training updates of this week.

[T R A I N I N G  U P D A T E S] 

Monday - 45 minute easy run at a 9.39 pace.

Tuesday - Cross training. I did the stationary bike for 30 minutes.

Wednesday- Tempo B run. This is two sets of 10 minutes fast, 2 minutes slow. Beginning and ending with 5 minutes of walking and 5 minutes of running. I had class all day then nannying until late so I ran early in the morning. I am not sure pace or distance since I didn't take my Garmin.

Thursday- I have yet to do my cross training for today but I am thinking some yoga.

2 comments:

  1. So excited you are in the final stretch and totally bypassed the rest of the tapering stages. I remember thinking how far your marathon seemed (only because it was in November haha). I can't believe it's next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, me too! Haha so it wasn't just me. I don't know if it felt like forever because I began training in the summer and now it is almost December or if it's because most people run marathons in October... I feel like I've been training for years. Me neither!

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs