Rock 'N' Roll Marathon: The Expo

November 15, 2013

It's here it's here! No not the race, the next exciting thing... the expo! 


The vendors, the samples, the packet pickup, the cutest and most expensive clothing. It is all so exciting that the event deserves its own post. Most of the half marathons and other races that I do don't have an expo because they are too small of an event. I just show up the morning of the race, grab my bib number, and run. I have been looking forward to the Rock n Roll expo ever since I began training.


My dad and sister came with me to walk around the expo. Jamba Juice, Clif Bar, and other fueling stations were set up with free samples. We made sure to grab one (or two) of everything. The expo has a video screen that takes you through the course. I made sure to write down where all the hills are at. We also looked at the Garmin table which had the Garmin I wanted. I made sure my dad had a good look at it so he can purchase it for me for Christmas ;)

I will have a post next week about all the things I got with my swag bag and what I purchased. I ended up buying a Rock 'N' Roll marathon Brooks jacket, some new Gu chomps since I ran out, salt tablets, and a spi belt to hold the fuel.


Next up, the 26.2 mile race. I'll see you at the finish line!

2 comments:

  1. Expo's are always so fun, especially because everyone there is amping up for the same race! I can't wait to hear about your marathon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are! It is fun to see everyone who will all be running the same race as me. Ahh, the marathon was GREAT. I posted a recap!

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs