New Mizunos

November 12, 2013


When I began training, I ran in Mizuno Wave Riders. I noticed a lot of running bloggers all training for marathons were running in the Wave Elixirs. I decided to try them out and love them. They are lightweight for racing but have support for high training/ racing mileage.

Last week I wrote about needing a new pair of running shoes. You probably can't spot the difference between the two pairs (hint: the new ones are on the right) but based on how they felt I knew my old ones were starting to become run down. I was looking forward to updating my Mizuno Wave Elixir 8s to the pink pair but unfortunately none were available in stores or on the website I ordered them off of so... I had to settle for the exact same shoe. Maybe I will look for some bright orange laces to make them cooler.

The runners guidelines say to purchase new running shoes after 300-500 miles. I haven't checked how many miles are on my first pair but I had them for a little over 3 months and they didn't feel good. With the marathon coming up I didn't want to run on shoes that hurt my feet. A quick online purchase and overnight shipping later my shoes came in!

Now I can feel a little more prepared for my marathon in 5 days.

2 comments:

  1. I'm a huge Mizuno fan, love, Love, LOVE them. I was running in the Enigma Wave and it was like running on clouds until a few weeks ago when my knees started hurting. I was sitting at approximately 500 km on the shoes but because of past knee surgery I knew it was time for new kicks and picked up the latest Sayonara Wave this past weekend. I keep a log book of my runs and started noting the dates of shoe purchases in there so it was easier to keep track of mileage.
    Good luck with your marathon this weekend, looking forward to the recap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, another Mizuno lover! Oh that's a good idea! I will have to start doing that.

      Thank you! I am excited :)

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs