Everyone posts about new shoes, what about the old ones?

November 26, 2013


Reader Jen emailed the other day saying "Everyone blogs about getting new shoes but no one ever blogs about getting rid of their old ones! I imagine your old ones are headed for the trash?" Since I have received multiple emails from people wondering where all my old shoes are I decided to clear up all the questions with a blog post.

Great question, Jen! No, I don't throw away my old shoes. Most of my old running shoes are stuffed away in my closet. With studying for school, applying for nursing school, working, training for the marathon, maintaining relationships, and being a part in the orchestra at my church, I haven't had the time lately to do much of anything. Now that training is over I have more time to put energy into old running shoes.

I keep a few pairs of old running shoes just in case I need them for hiking, mud runs, or any type of activity where I need old shoes that can be ruined. The ones that are still okay but not good for running are used as cross training shoes. The other shoes that don't fit into the above are in my closet. I may donate them. I have one pair of good ones that I run in until the miles are all used up.

I hope that answers your questions!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting! There are always drives that take them to haiti if your interested.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs