Training Updates For The Week

October 9, 2013

I haven't posted my weekly training in a few days so here it is: the beginning of week fifteen. Which also means... FIVE MORE WEEKS LEFT.

Monday was an easy 45 minute run. There is a four mile loop near my house. I ran mainly on grass during this run to give my legs a break from pounding on the pavement. I kept it slow to actually use it as a recovery run. 

I read a very wise blogger/ running coach who wrote:
  • If you train slow EVERY DAY without any HIT training…you will go slow.
  • If you train fast EVERY DAY without any recovery workouts…you will go slow, along with getting injured and possibly overtrained.
  • If you train slow when you are suppose too…you will get faster.
  • If your fast training has a purpose…you will get faster.

Tuesday was cross training. I did a workout at home that was an ab and leg workout. I made it up as I went along. Last week I ordered (a bit too much) stuff from Anthropologie. If they would just stop being so darn cute I wouldn't feel the need to buy something every time I go in there. Last night a few of the items came in and I was so excited! The items are this blue top, this chambray buttondown, and this striped dress. Plus all of them are orchestra dress code approved. Win win.


Today was my busy day. I had a tempo run early this morning. The workout was the same as last week. 5 minute walk. 10 minute jog. 4 sets of: 5 minute fast, 2 minute slow. 10 minute jog. 5 minute walk. I was surprised by how much of a difference I felt this week compared to last. Which I will get to in a minute. I had class all day then went to my doctor's appointment afterwards. After talking for awhile we figured out that my nutrition was the problem, not my thyroid. We figured out that I need to eat more and that's that.

Usually in the morning's I grab a quick bowl of cereal to get out the door but now I wake up earlier so I can actually eat a good breakfast. I had Stephani comment last week and she gave me a great recipe. Oatmeal + greek yogurt + honey + berries. I was skeptical at first but after trying it found out that it is delicious! Thanks Stephani! And guys, seriously go try it. 

2 comments:

  1. I love reading your updates! Have you read The New Rules of Marathon and Half-Marathon Nutrition by Matt Fitzgerald? It's been incredibly helpful :)

    http://www.amazon.com/The-Rules-Marathon-Half-Marathon-Nutrition/dp/0738216453

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so sweet :) I'm glad you do! Oh thank you so much!! That's perfect and exactly what I need. I am going to go buy this next week.

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs