Rock 'N' Roll Marathon: Week Sixteen

October 22, 2013

Usually I recap my training weeks on Saturday's after my long run for the week but since my long run was Sunday (and then I was too tired to post yesterday) I am recapping today! My Garmin was acting funny last Monday so I ran without a watch the rest of the week. My runs are by time not pace which is the only reason I would ever run without my Garmin. I am thinking maybe the problem was the weather and it could not locate satellites in the rain? Not sure, but it did work fine during my race so I think it came back to life. On Saturday my sister Kathleen ran with me and we used her Garmin to pace ourselves. Here is a quick recap of last weeks training:

Sunday: Rest day

Monday: 40 minute easy run// 9.30 pace

Tuesday: Cross training// strength training workout for 35 minutes

Wednesday: Tempo A run// warmup, 3 sets of speed work, done without my watch

Thursday: Accidental rest day- midterms

Friday: Cross training// yoga for 30 minutes

Saturday: 40 minute easy run// 4.20 miles// 9.01 pace

Sunday: 20 mile race// 8.27 pace

Week 16 is finished. For the next three weeks I will be tapering to get ready for my first marathon on November 17th!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sara! I just stumbled upon your blog and I absolutely LOVE your 26 before 26 challenge!! What a creative way to accomplish something incredible! I am currently training for my first half marathon (I've raced pretty much every other distance-- 5k, 10k, 15k, 30k, full marathon) but never a half...so weird, huh?! Good luck with your taper weeks!! You're so close! Looking forward to hearing about your race! -- Kaitlin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Kaitlin! Plus now it means I have found another blog to read! Thank you so much! That is weird. It's a great distance, I think you will love it! Good luck training!

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs