Rock 'N' Roll Marathon: Week Fifteen

October 12, 2013

Week fifteen is finished. This was a recovery week after last weeks 16 miles and before next weeks 20  miles. Yep, 20 miles next weekend! Overall I felt really good this week. I have been focusing on eating more, running easy/slower, doing more stretching and foam rolling, and taking freezing cold ice baths. I have been feeling a whole lot better. This is my first time training for a marathon so everything is new to me and I learn new things each day. Here is a recap of this weeks training:

Sunday: Rest day

Monday: 45 minute recovery run// 9.50 pace// 4.58 miles

Tuesday: Cross training// strength workout for 35 minutes

Wednesday: Tempo A run// posted about here

Thursday: Cross training// indoor cycling for 40 minutes

Friday: 30 minute easy run// 9.45 pace// 3.10 miles

Saturday: 8 mile run// 9.30 pace

This morning my mom asked how far I was going and I told her the distance and that it was shorter this week so she decided to run with me. It was fun having a running buddy this morning.

Have a great weekend!

P.S. Good luck to all those running in the Chicago marathon tomorrow! Go out and rock it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs