Recipe Time: Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread

October 16, 2013

It's fall which basically means pumpkins are everywhere. My family and I make pumpkin bread each October and we love it. Yesterday I had some free time on my hands in which I decided I was going to try baking this recipe by myself. I had every necessary ingredient and couldn't wait to get started. However, the title of this should be changed to: How to mess up the easiest recipe ever. Or maybe: Never let Sara bake again.

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
Source: Google
this is what it's supposed to look like ^ you don't want to see mine..


What you need:
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup cooked pumpkin (hint: this indeed says one cup not one can)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs

Mix those ingredients together in a bowl. Then add:

2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ginger
1/4 cup water

How to bake:
Bake in a loaf pan at 350 degrees for one hour. Then enjoy.

I could blame it on having too much fun on FaceTime with my sister or maybe even I was too hungry so I rushed the mixing but no matter what the excuse is, I messed it all up. After baking the bread for over an hour I knew something was wrong. I grabbed out the recipe book, reread the directions, and then quickly doubted all my baking skills. I put in one can of pumpkin which equals 7 cups of pumpkin. I know everyone was trying to tell me it was good just to not make me feel bad but it was terrible. Soggy, and terrible. Practice makes perfect, right?

If you follow the directions it is delicious! I promise. Don't do what I did. 

4 comments:

  1. This would be my favorite treat EVER. I love pumpkin anything, and chocolate is always fabulous. I just don't like baking at all. That's probably good because I could easily be a lot heavier if I did like to bake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is delicious! Haha me neither. If I could bake I think I would like it, it is just that I always seem to mess up.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It is! I made it correctly a week after posting this and I finished a loaf in.. two days. So GOOD

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs