Catching Up

October 29, 2013

I feel like I need to catch you all up on what has been going on in my life so that is what I am going to do in this post. The end of last week was pretty rough. I won't go into specifics but let's just say I made it through. My older sister, Anna, had her half ironman race on Sunday morning. I had two big tests to study for which unfortunately meant I could not attend. She told us we could track her online through a website that was covering the race live. All morning I switched between studying for my tests and reloading the website page on where she was at in her race. She finished her half ironman in a little over 6 hours and did great! She is already looking forward to completing a full ironman in the next year. After her race my dad drove her to our house and she is staying in town for a little while. I am so excited she is here! I also have talked her into guest posting a race recap on my blog :)

I love shopping. My next hobby after running is shopping. I saw this dress at Anthropolgie and knew I needed it. From the long sleeves to the buttons on the back I think this is a must have for Fall and Winter! I plan to transition it with maroon colored tights and brown boots. I wore this dress to church two weekends ago. It is very comfortable and I got so many compliments.


Jewely: bracelets borrowed from my mom

Monday I had a 45 minute easy run. I had class all day. I ran with my mom later in the afternoon and I kept around a 9:30 minute per mile pace. Last night was also girls night! My mom, Kathleen, Anna, and I watched The Voice while eating Whole Foods. It was delicious! Here is what we picked up:

  • chicken penne pesto pasta
  • pita chips and hummus
  • plate of fruit 
  • chocolate eruption cake


Today I had a morning class then came back home to eat a second breakfast before working out. Anna and I went to the gym pool for a swim workout. I did

1200m swim
5 x 100m
2 x 50m
5 x 100m
2 x 50m

That's all for now. Have a great Tuesday!

8 comments:

  1. Running and shopping. Yes yes yes! That dress is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha- yes! The two most expensive hobbies! ;) Thank you Ange!

      Delete
  2. Super cute dress! Shopping is my second favorite activity after swimbikerun, too :) Love me some WF salad bar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erin! Yes, that whole place is just amazing.

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad you could track your sister's race online! Those trackers are seriously the coolest thing! And your dress is too cute-- I love all things striped!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! The online tracker that she told us was updated immediately after she crossed every marker, I didn't know they updated that quickly! Thank you so much! I know, 89% of what I own is stripes haha.

      Delete
  4. What an adorable dress. It looks great on you, Sara! Hope you're enjoying the remainder of your weekend with your family <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jessie! You're so sweet! I am having so much fun with my family :)

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs