Training Updates For Week 13

September 26, 2013

Happy Thursday! This week got pretty busy so here is an update with workouts I have done. Wednesday was my hour long run day. I decided to run in the afternoon and took it "easy". Rather than an 8 mile pace I stuck towards 9. It was my last hour long run day! Every Wednesday has been an hour long run but the last few Wednesday's before the marathon are tempo runs. They equal around 50-55 minutes so almost an hour but instead of going out and running for an hour I will be working on different tempos of fast intervals to slower running. Does that make sense? I think it's a mind thing.  Also, the new Garmin needs to come out already. I don't think I can wait another month. I may have called my local running store and had them put me on the top of the list to call once it arrives in stores. 


Today was cross training so I swam laps at the gym. It doesn't count unless you have a picture, right? So here is evidence that I swam. My workout was 1200m. I changed it up from my usual recovery swim and found one off the internet. 3x 100m swim, 4x 50m swim, 1x 200m swim, 4x 50m swim, 3x 100m swim.


My sister sent me this link of stretches to do to help loosen my legs. I am planning on doing all these stretches tomorrow afternoon before my 16 miler on Saturday. The link will take you to the website where it details every stretch. I also have been icing my legs after my runs. I read an (yes, another) article that said even when you don't feel pain try to ice after each run to help recovery.


Speaking of sisters, Anna finally updated her blog this month! I am always waiting to hear of what she has to say. 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting those stretches! My legs have been so tight lately... def need to check them out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! I am glad someone else could find them useful :)

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs