Seven Interesting Things About Me

September 25, 2013

Last week Nicole from Not Before My Tea nominated me for a blog award. I thought an acceptance speech was necessary but turns out it's not an actual award. Darn. The point is to write seven interesting things about yourself then have 15 more people do the same.

Once you've "won" the award, the rules are pretty simple:
  1. Present 15 deserving bloggers with the award.
  2. Link your nominees in the post and let them know of their nomination with a comment.
  3. Post 7 interesting things about yourself.
I don't even think I know 15 bloggers (my bad) so I nominate...
Lizzy,  LindseyKatie, Anna, Alicia, Madelynne, and Andrea

And here are seven things about me... 

1. In high school I never considered myself a "good" or "fast" runner. Running was all mental for me then so if other girls ran faster than me I would assume they would always be better than me. I spent four years trying to make it to state. During my senior year I ran the 800m all throughout the meets and finally district and regionals came up. I made it past district and placed third at regionals which meant I was going to STATE. That will always be my favorite memory.


2. I absolutely love my family. We are all so close and I love that about us. 


3. After completing a 5k in the spring of this year I decided I was finished with "fun runs." The waiver had us sign that if we were paralyzed or killed while running the event it was our own fault. I was so scared the entire time that I just wanted to be finished with the run. And while it was actually a fun race I would rather be hurt running a half marathon than while running just 3 miles so I am officially done with fun runs.


 4. I competed in a Duathlon two years ago. It was a swim and run and I placed second in my age group. I do think the girl who won cheated but that's just me. 

5. I am obsessed with ice cream.

 6. I signed up for my first half marathon of the 26 I have planned and won a pair of sunglasses! They are ugly and I never wear them but hey, I won a pair of sunglasses!


7. And lastly, I thought my calling in life was modeling. I planned out my future of not going to college the first year so I could be on America's Next Top Model. I was a part of the Nordstrom BP team my freshman year of high school which included fashion projects and runway shows. However, once the girls told me they don't eat in order to be skinny I ditched the high heels, grabbed sneakers, and never looked back. 


Thanks for the award, Nicole! This was fun! 

4 comments:

  1. Yay! Love this! And the award is real if we say it's real. ;)

    PS - I laughed a little at the "ditched the high heels, grabbed sneakers, and never looked back." Great decision, I think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole! Okay then I am saying it is real :) Haha, I think so too!

      Delete
  2. I loved this too, especially #1 and #7. Hard work and dedication really do pay off and the modeling lifestyle sounds cruel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Madelynne!! I can't wait to read yours :) I agree to both!

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs